Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Friday, July 22, 2011

“I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.” ~Abe Lincoln



110% commitment is required to change yourself.

Thank you Bob* (coworker) for coming into my office this morning and writing this nugget of wisdom on my whiteboard. I love our impromptu chats about overcoming addictions.

Let me tell you a little bit about Bob.  He's conquered some serious addictions in his 50+ year life and can speak from experience.  You name it, he's been addicted to it.

Bob explained to me that until someone is completely and totally 110% committed to a change, it just won't happen.  Excuses, doubt, and reasons not to change will always get in the way of being successful.

Are you 110% committed to changing your life and body into a more healthy one?  Bob said that he knows that I am.  That's good to hear.

This is why I tell everyone and anyone who asks about my Lap Band.  It opens me up for some really great conversations and discussions that probably wouldn't happen otherwise.

*Not his real name

6 comments:

  1. First off I love Abe....Second I am really liking this BOB guy. I know that I haven't hit 110% yet, but I sure am aiming for it. Thanks! Hitting the gym now to work on my 110% for today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need glasses. I thought that said 110% COMMUNISM, not commitment. Honestly, I think you are the most committed Lap Bander I know. As for me, sometimes I just think I need to be committed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic post. I know i'm not 110%, hell, right now i'm not even 50%. I want to be, i just could never figure out how. But that statement makes perfect sense to me, now. Why only be 75%? That just means you'll get 75% results! It's almost so easy it's stupid.

    New outlook on health: be 110% and no less!!!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am certain that 90% of the time I'm 110%. I absolutely know without a shadow of doubt that I am succeeding. I will not say that "I will succeed" because I'm already doing it. I exercise at least 6 times a week, I monitor my food intake and count my calories. I believe that I allow my 10% for living life. Occasional snacks and treats etc. But 90% of life is lived with 110% committment. Thank you for this insightful post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing to think about.. thx for the post and congrats on the great weigh in. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This hits home. Especially for me in the past few weeks. I had to realize I'm fighting the commitment thing. But its so true. I know truly I'm not in my heart, even though I want to be so bad to get the results. Next step.....how to get there. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete