Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Channeling My Inner Soup Nazi

Do you know Amy W?  If you don't, you should run right over to her blog and say hi.

She's a veteran bandster who lives down in Florida.  She's shared with us so many things...how Color Me Badd is thee bomb and she treats us to pics of things that she finds pretty.  She also likes to dangle upside down.  But really, who doesn't.
Anywhoozle, I've been playin' around with her Chicken Divan Soup recipe for over a year now.  I make it in batches and freeze it in individual servings.  'Cuz that's how I roll.

I seem to change up the ingredients every time.  Here's my latest version of this soup.

I would considered this a "full liquid"...just in case you are pre-op, recently post-op, too tight...etc


Makes 8 servings. 

Each serving:
  • 125 calories
  • 17 grams of protein
Ingredients:  
  • Olive Oil Cooking Spray
  • A Few Shakes of Garlic Salt 
  • 1/2 a bag of Frozen Three-Pepper & Onion Blend
  • 12 oz Bag of Frozen Cauliflower (steamed)
  • 10 oz Cooked and Chopped Chicken Breast (I used a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken)
  • 2 oz. Light Rondele Spreadable Garlic & Herb Cream Cheese
  • 4 oz (1/2 Cup) Shredded 2% Cheese (I used Sharp Cheddar, but any flavor will work)
  • 48 oz (6 Cups) Chicken Broth
Spray large sauce pan with the spray and put it over medium-high heat; add the three pepper/onion blend and shake on some of the garlic salt.  Sauté 6-7 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. 

  

Stir in chicken broth and steamed cauliflower:

Reduce heat to medium and stir in cream cheese and shredded cheese:

Stir in chicken:
Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is heated through.

OK, so the soup is pretty much done and you could leave it as is.  It'll look like this.  Yum:

But, if you would like it smooth and creamy (and "Full Liquid" version), whip out your immersion blender and blend it up:


If you don't have a handheld immersion blender, let mixture cool slightly; process mixture, in batches, in a regular blender until smooth.


I used a dry erase pen to write the calories/proteins and the date I made it:

And into the freezer they go:

To reheat, I microwave for about 3 minutes stirring about halfway through. 

10 comments:

  1. ooooo Yummy! I love soup. I just need an immersion blender!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other than the bell peppers (I'm not a fan), this looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good. I've seen Amy's recipe before but for some reason never made it. I may have to give this a shot. Oh, and this is what my freezer looks like too!!! I'll have to post a pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this and for the picture step by step. I'm gonna give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the new blog info. And the soup looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Will have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that actually sounds really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make this soup too all the time, it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. bahahah. i just saw this. GREAT picture. I do love this soup. I make this soup, the creamy black bean soup, and the taco soup for my rotation, and more "beanier" soups for heather, she doesnt like them blended. Whatev. Having the soups frozen and easy to grab is so wonderful and eliminates the excuse of having nothing to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do I need a scale u think or can I "wing" it? Thoughts concerns?

    ReplyDelete