I flew down to my parents house on Thursday morning. We cooked up a storm in the kitchen getting ready for the big turkey day meal. If you scroll down a little, you will see pics from the amazing spread of tastiness.
As I have said before, my downfall is snacking between meals, not actually hungry, just eating because the food is available. That is why I usually don't really snack and avoid having any snack foods in the house.
I ended up eating way too many candied pecans...WAY TOO many prior to the big meal.
At said big meal, I had:
- one bite of turkey breast
- two bites of stuffing
- bread roll with lots of butter. YUM
- average sized slice of pecan pie with freshly whipped cream. YUM.
- average sized slice of pumpkin pie with freshly whipped cream. YUM.
- more of those bread rolls with butter, lots of butter
- more slices of pecan pie with the whip cream
- caramel sundae with nuts from McDonalds
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate from Starbucks
- In-n-Out Burger: half of a Double-Double (incl. bun) and 6-7 french fries
- 2 mini-slices of pizza
I noticed that I was not drinking much water during the weekend (only a bottle a day) and by Sunday afternoon I was soooo thirsty and pretty much felt nauseous. ICK. Nice negative feedback :)
Today, I am back on the healthy lifestyle of lots of water and high protein eating. Current calorie count so far for the day: 380. Protein: 41 grams. I feel better already.