Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's Peanut Butter & Jelly Time!

Peanut butter and jelly on any type of carb (bread, crackers, etc) is my crack.  It is my gateway drug.  It leads me into temptation.
I don't really have my PB & J much anymore...maybe once every 6-8 weeks.  I just happened to have it this morning since I forgot my neatly packed grocery bag of Greek yogurts, milk, string cheese, and protein bars at home this morning.  Therefore, I was at the mercy of my employers cafeteria...which doesn't have the best band-friendly choices.

So I toasted a piece of bread and spread on the thick yummy peanut butter and strawberry jelly.  And you know what?  It didn't taste as fabulous as I remember.  I think my taste buds have changed?

Have your taste buds changed now that you're living a healthier lifestyle?

5 comments:

  1. I don't know if my tastebuds have changed exactly but I think things I build up in my head that are going to taste oh so fabulous end up not tasting as great if I think about how wonderful they are too much. Does that make sense? LOL.

    I do find that I don't crave food that is "heavy" anymore as much. Like fried food for example. Keywords, "as much" as I do still crave it just not as much as I used too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get disappointed too. I was just talking to my husband about that. I now crave savory things vs sweet things and low carb vs high carb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My taste buds have totally changed. I used to gag when I tried white strips and now I cannot even taste them.

    There are several foods that now taste great that were way to strong and yucky before.

    and finally..stuff I used to love that doesn't really taste all that great..french fries are one.

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHA! I love the timeliness of this blog post. Just before I opened your blog page I literally scooped out a spoonful of peanut butter before sitting down at the computer. I too cannot really do carbs, so I just eat peanut butter with a spoon. Gotta be careful with portion sizes this way though.
    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true, its what alcoholics call romancing the drink, the thoughts of the drink (food) far out weigh the enjoyment of the actual drink (food)

    ReplyDelete