Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Monday, December 19, 2011

Opportunity Knocks Quietly Sometimes...

I was cleaning out an old purse the other day and came across a Panda Express receipt and a fortune from a fortune cookie tucked neatly inside. 

The date on the receipt? Saturday, August 29, 2009.

The fortune?
I wonder why I would save this fortune?  I'm not someone to save things like this.
Who knew that the opportunity that would soon be presented to me was the Lap Band? 

I attended my surgeon's informational seminar three days after getting that fortune.

The rest is history.

"If a window of opportunity appears, don't pull down the shade." 
~Thomas J. Peters

5 comments:

  1. Cosmic. It was meant to be! The universe works in mysterious ways.

    BTW...I don't often comment, but I read EVERY SINGLE ONE of your posts. When I open my Google reader and see 15 new posts, yours is the first one I read. You are my guiding light as I approach my "new opportunity."

    A million thanks to you. I hope you know what a valuable resource and friend you are to this community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, you made the most of that opportunity. Merry Christmas to you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! Just the universe's way of saying "You go girl!" : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,kinda spooky-definitely a way forward...

    ReplyDelete