Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Vanity Sizing Strikes Again!

I've seen a few articles lately on the issue of vanity sizing...


What is vanity sizing?  


Well, according to Wikepedia: "Vanity sizing, also known as size inflation is used to refer to the phenomenon of clothing of the same nominal size becoming larger over time."


I encountered vanity sizing today at Kohls.  I am ususally a Med/Large in most tops....well, this sweater fit perfectly...and guess what size?  Petite Small.  Crazy!

6 comments:

  1. just another way to feed into the growing epidemic of obese people in america, so sad....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanity sizing is out of control. I have an old (bought them in 1991, if I remember correctly)pair of size 26 jeans hanging in my closet as an inspiration piece. Those jeans are a lot, lot, lot smaller than a 26, now.

    What favours are we doing ourselves with vanity sizing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweater sure is pretty though :) Did you buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't noticed this trend - yet - in Australia. But who knows, it will probably happen. I won't care either lol I will just lap it up and say: Hey, I'm a small now (which I am.. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo true. I was 135 lbs 30 years ago and was a size 8. I'm 174 now and wearing a size 8 or a 6 even!!! What is up with that! Although my body has changed over the years and I carry way more weight in my mid section and my hips are a bit smaller but not THAT much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...I do think you look small though so maybe its not that much vanity????

    ReplyDelete