"Full-Liquid" recipe alert!
Why wasn't this recipe idea in my head three years ago when I was suffering through the TWO weeks of full liquids post-op?
Remember how I was recently
complaining letting you know about my band being non-existant? I think that my band reads my blog.
With the change in weather (rainy) combined with some really awesome sinus allergies, my band has been feeling a little snugger that I would like.
Therefore, I've been enjoying a majority of liquids/mushies.
Ok, onwards to the recipe!
- 1/3 Cup milk (I used 1%)
- 1/2 Cup Safeway Chicken and Dumplings soup
- 3 oz shredded/cubed cooked chicken breast (I had leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 oz of crumbled goat cheese
1> Put it all in the blender and blend it up.
2> Pour it into a bowl and microwave it until it's hot
3> Sprinkle goat cheese on top.
The all-important details:
- Milk: 35 cals, 3 proteins
- Soup: 125 cals, 7 proteins
- Chicken: 140 cals, 26 proteins
- Goat cheese: 35 cals, 2 proteins.