Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Type 2 Diabetes Risk Assessment Tool

I just found this online tool from the Obesity Network that assesses the risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes. Dr Utkarsh Kulkarni, a physician and researcher in the UK invented the tool.

I have no idea of it's accuracy, but since I love me some numbers, percentages, and spreadsheets, I decided to give it a try with my pre-surgery stats and then using my current stats.

After plugging in my old stats, I learned that I used to have a 1 in 3 chance of getting Type 2 Diabetes within 10 years.

Wow.

I knew that I was unhealthy, but had no idea that I was THAT unhealthy.  And at age 29!

In comparison, using my current stats, I have a 1 in 25 chance of getting Type 2 Diabetes. 

Now I just gotta work on keeping my stats like that.

...and so the journey continues.

2 comments:

  1. WOW, what a difference! It's things like that which really confirm your new lifestyle and show just how great it is and how far you have come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive numbers. My Mom had diabetes and it runs in my family. I for sure do not want to have it. It does so much damage to your body.

    ReplyDelete