Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

It Takes A Village...

...to keep this girly skinny.

There are a gazillion (ok, maybe more like a few) friends, family, and coworkers that keep me focused in the land of weight maintenance. 

I've even told you about a few of these supportive peeps in my life over the last two years:
  • Julie. She kicks my butt in Jazzercise.  Feel the burn chicas.
  • Annie. Who makes Zumba FUN, not just ho-hum.
  • Bob.  He told me back in July that "110% commitment is required to change yourself."
That's why I have always been open (with anyone who asks) about having a Lap Band. The positive feedback always outweighs the negativity...which there really has been very little of.

Anywhoozle, Bob stopped by my office this morning.  He had words of advice to share and for discussion.

Here's what he wrote down for me:

"It's easier to stay in shape than to get back in shape." ~Derek Jeter

Amen.  Ain't that the truth.  Thanks Bob.
By the way...who is Derek Jeter?

7 comments:

  1. Great quote! No clue who Derek is though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah He is baseball player for I believe the Yankees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quote, it's so true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have officially stolen this quote from Derek, Bob and you and posted it on my mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super handsome baseball player..... I love the quote though. Bob sounds like a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very good point. Just taking a couple weeks off hurts later. :)

    ReplyDelete