Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I Want To Go to the Dark Side...They Have Cookies

Warning: This is a rant chock full of negativity.  You'll probably want to skip reading this post.


I've always said that the band does about 20% of the job of helping with my healthy lifestyle. The other 80% is up to me and my choices.

Well, at this level of restriction the band is doing about 60% of the work. Yep, this band does do something after all.  And do you know what? I really want to take back that control of doing the work.

As I am typing this, I'm sitting here choking down my morning calcium chews.  They've always been my morning treat along with my coffee, followed by my B12 sublingual.  My little morning routine.  You know how much I puffy heart some routine and structure in my life. It's my happy place.  Unfortunately, with this fill, these calcium chews are not going down as smoothly as usual.  Not stuck, but just kinda sitting there.  Bleh.

The scale reported an all time low this morning of 135 lbs.  WTF.  I've been rocking the full liquids since Sunday to calm the situation down.  Damn it I want to chew something.  I want to eat real food. 

This fill level would be AWESOME if I was in my losing phase.  But unfortunately, with Aunt Flo just around the corner (over share alert!), this restriction will only get worse.  I've been drinking high calorie drinks.  I've become even more of a Starbucks groupie these past few days.  Gatorade and protein shakes are my new normal. 

I want to go sit on the couch in my PJs and eat an entire batch of freshly baked sugar cookies while watching crappy reality TV.  Oh, and a bucket of Mt. Dew would be nice too.

OK, I'm done now.

The end.

16 comments:

  1. I second that. I want some cookies, too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I've said this before but for a new bandess, your posts are so helpful ... even if I won't get to your place for a loooooong time ~ I appreciate your sharing of info ! Please pet Pemberly for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will not mention the I.C. word. I just won't. That would be mean.

    I hope it loosens up soon. Too tight is NOT RIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why are you waiting to get an unfill? That doesnt sound like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go get an unfill!! :) I didn't even identify what was wrong with me and now I feel SO much better. We have worked far to hard for this life to live in misery! Hope you feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have had a rough couple of days. Call your doctor!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. You are in maintence, you should not be putting yourself through this. Call for an unfill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just had to have a slight un-fill for this exact reason. My food choices were crap because I was eating whatever I could get to squeeze through the stoma, and that wasn't much!
    Good luck with it. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you are too tight as well! I think you need a small unfill perhaps! You should not be this tight.

    I hope it gets better, being too tight sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're allowed crappy days.You're a pretty optimistic person and will bounce back. Try to give it a little more time, but if you need a slight unfill. say .02 ml, it may help. I, still waiting for that nice in between restriction :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. don't hurt your band or your tummy, or you will be back to doing 100% of the work! I hope you will see your doctor soon and get some relief :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This message is from Miss tight bandy herself :) I agree with you if I were in weightless phase this would be great. Do you think it is going to calm down or get tighter? Periods are a bitch for me. I couldn't eat cheese a week ago and now I can down a whole container of the suckers plus a bowl of blueberries and cream. soooo Only you can figure out whether this is worth it or not. How about one cookie..? just to help you feel better :)


    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will join you for some cookies and I will bring the milk!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for posting the link for the calcium. I've been looking for something that doesn't require having to take four of.

    I'm new to blogging and enjoy reading yours.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My Goodness! Thank you for your overshare! I am a new bander and Aunt Flo is visiting and I have been choking food down lately...I was like what the hey is up?? So the restriction is worse during that week?? Good to know!!

    ReplyDelete