Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Scars May Have Faded...But I Can Never Forget...

Here's what my belly looked like the day after surgery and now today:


Sometimes I have to remind myself of all that I went through to get to where I am today at a healthy weight, a "normal" BMI, normal blood pressure, etc.

Sure, there has been a lot of calorie counting and exercise, but I am talking about the surgery itself and the week post-op.

There are a few newly banded bloggers out there who recently shared their surgery day stories and it helps me to remember the pain and unpleasant days after surgery. 

Surgery is a big deal...wait, let me say that again, surgery is a big friggin' deal.  Especially a surgery that is elective and I CHOSE it.

A HUGE and drastic step in my opinion.  On that day....there was general anesthesia, there were scalpels, there was blood.  I'm sure they used big scary tools like these:
I'm not just talking a quick eyebrow waxing here... LOL.

I may sound a litte dramatic, but this isn't something that I could just decide to do and then not see it through to it's most optimum outcome.  This isn't Bridalplasty.  Now that's a hot mess. :)

I also still get a little "wierded out" by the thought that there's a foreign object/device inside of me.  People sometimes say, "well lots of people have foreign objects in them...you know...hip replacements, knee replacements..."  I don't agree.  Choosing the band is a different scenario all together.

So the next time I am tempted by a cookie, chips, chocolate, pizza, or whatever food the day brings, I need to remember the choice I made back in 2009 for improved health.

They say hindsight is 20/20.  Well, I can tell you that getting the band was one of the best (and biggest)  decisions I have made for my health....period.

12 comments:

  1. Great post as always, what a difference! And you are so right, it is not something to be entered into lightly. I think those with the most success are aware of what a life changer this will be. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post...lest we ever forget the price we paid during surgery. Your scars have healed very nicely btw. Merry Christmas Lap Band Girl...thank you for all your support this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post... sometimes I still get weirded out too! But, yep lots of people have foreign objects in their bodies. If we hadn't had lap-band we would have probably had ALL kinds of stuff in our body before our time on earth ended. : ) Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right. Great post as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for helping to put this all into perspective. You are so right. we chose this and would be fools not to use it to its optimum!
    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post, and thanks for the shoutout. I completely agree about this being the biggest (yet scariest) thing I've ever done for myself. Wouldn't take it back for the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree this was the biggest and scariest thing I have ever done and I never intend to take it lightly and will remember all of this when it comes to making good decisions in regard to what I put in my mouth - also I paid out too much money to mess this up.

    I do not regret having done this either and each day I learn a little more about staying on the right path!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! Awesome post and soooo put things in perspective for me right now. Thank you!!

    That picture speaks volumes.

    That Bridalplasty is....there are no words for that tomfoolery!!

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn your stomach looks GOOD! Can hardly see the scars and it is really flat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific post! Thank you once again for being such a source of information AND inspiration to me! I have learned so much from you - thank you!!

    Bridalplasty?? Oh Mercy, what NEXT???

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen!!

    I can't get over Bridalplasty

    ReplyDelete