So here I am...moving into maintenance. A strange thought indeed!
As I have always said, there is no "done" on this journey, just "now".
Maintenance Plan = Keep doing what I've always been doing these past 14 months.
- Food: Keep track of my food intake, however increase the calorie count from about 1200 calories to about 1400 calories per day. My surgeons office has this cool scale/scanner that showed recently I burn about 1300 calories a day to just exist (no exercise/etc). I will have to play around with this calorie count a bit to see how it works out.
- Exercise: Keep going to Zumba and Zumba Toning classes 3 times a week which is a total of 210 minutes of "official" exercise per week, therefore, about an average of 30 minutes per day. Plus the "extras" which include parking far away from stores in parking lots, taking the stairs at work, etc. Plus the weekend power walks and the Wii.
- Support: This includes:
- Continuing to blog: Weekly Friday weigh-ins and blogging about all kinds of band related stuff
- Supporting and learning from other bloggers (PS: there doesn't seem to be very many of us who talk about maintenance...??)
- Attending my monthly support group for local bandsters
PS: I have also chosen my word for 2011. But you'll have to wait until my next post to find out what that word is! :)