Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Are you a Zumba Newbie?

Well, I was in your shoes in January of this year. 

I was pretty scared that I wouldn't be able to do the moves correctly or would look like a crazy fool.  However, I sucked it up and went. 

Now, I can't believe that I have stuck with Zumba for almost 9 months!  I have never done anything healthy for my body for a straight 9 months...dieting, exercise....anything. 

I think the reason I have stuck with it is that it's fun and never boring.  The other day I got on my treadmill (AKA The DREADmill) and could barely get through 20 minutes of walking before I was bored out of my mind.  By the way, the treadmill is set up right in front of a TV - but still boring.

Anyways, my Zumba instructor Annie has a WEB PAGE that has all kinds of info for newbies and her current Zumba attendees.  Dance steps, music recommendations, etc.  If you are brave enough, click on the the photos at the bottom of that page...and there you will see me (ack!) in Zumba class.

PS: I had a fill on Monday (+.4ccs) so I am back in the game with some restriction. yay!

9 comments:

  1. I love, love, love Zumba. I'm so happy I have it in my life. Headed to your instructors web site now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Zumba newbie. I tried it only once about a year and half ago and never went back, but decided to give it a go again. I have been to two classes and have vowed to go back. It killed my knees yesterday, but I will be right back on Thursday. Like you said its never boring.

    Thanks for the link

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOKS FUN. I need to find a DVD for home. No class close to me. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started the DVD's at home. They are super fun, but I would bo to embarressed to do it in a class setting yet. Maybe soon though. Christine, I got the DVD's from amazon. I also saw them on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom has the dvds and they are pretty accurate of the moves we do in class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES I am scared... I will look over the page, THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the info! I still haven't managed to make it into the class at my gym due to poor nap planning/execution for my youngest. But I really want to try it, it looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending you a blog award! Check out my blog for details!

    ReplyDelete