Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Saturday, January 16, 2010

New Recipe! White Bean Burgers!

I saw this RECIPE on the NY Times website and decided to give it a try. It sounded kinda "hippy skippy" to me when I first saw it, but thought, hey, I'll try anything once.

Here are the modifications I did to the recipe:
  • Substituted spray olive oil for the olive oil
  • No carrot
  • Halved the recipe (3 burgers total, each burger = 190 calories, 10 grams protein)
  • Served the burger on a bed of lightly dressed Arugula (no bun!)
Next time I might kick it up a notch with extra garlic and/or add some diced red bell peppers.

Here's how mine turned out. YUM!

4 comments:

  1. Looks very interesting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got white beans in the pantry, I've got to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks nice - like a big ol' patty. What did it taste like? And was it hard to make?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum-o I am making those!!

    ReplyDelete