I have been working on developing these savory cottage cheese pancakes. They are super easy, low cal, and high in protein!
- 1/2 Cup (114g) low fat cottage cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup diced onions (I use the frozen pre-cut bagged kind)
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic (from the jar)
- 1 1/2 TBSP (22g) white flour
- salt/pepper to taste
- Cooking Spray (I use the Pam Olive Oil)
Spray frying pan and sautee onions and garlic. While that's cooking, combine cottage cheese, egg, flour, and salt/pepper in a small bowl. Mix in onion/garlic mixture to bowl until batter is well mixed. Spray frying pan again and make 3-4 pancakes about 4" in diameter. Cook on each side for about 4 minutes. Makes 1 serving. 250 calories; 22 grams protein.
I am still experimenting with different sauces/toppings for these...