Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Sunday, November 15, 2009

First time eating out after banding!

So I have officially tackled something I was a bit scared about doing...eating out after being banded. What would I eat?

We ended up going to a seafood place, called McGraths. It's a little like Red Lobster, but way tastier. Anyways, since I am still on mushies, I ordered a side of cottage cheese and had 1/4 of a mashed red potato from a friends plate.

So, the waiter brings my cottage cheese, it's about 2 cups of cottage cheese! Whoa!

I ate about 1/3 of a cup of the cottage cheese and the mashed potato and that was about it. It turned out to be a pretty successful trip out to eat!

I am looking forward to my 4 week follow up appt with my surgeon on Tues and maybe I will get a fill....we'll see!



5 comments:

  1. Good job!! I have pretty much stuck to soups when eating out, especially when eating with peeps that don't know about the gizmo. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did fabulous! Appropriate amount and high protein. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff! You did really well - you will - no doubt like me lol have to start ordering from the entree section. I still look at it and go.. no way.. that won't be enough.. but it always is :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did excellent. A seafood restaurant is a very good choice for that stage you are in right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wondering how I was going to handle my first time out as well. Interesting to read what others have been able to eat. Especially since my time is coming close!!

    ReplyDelete