Weigh-Ins are on FRIDAYS - Updated January 13, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Hit my goal weight on December 17, 2010:

Sunday, November 15, 2009

First time eating out after banding!

So I have officially tackled something I was a bit scared about doing...eating out after being banded. What would I eat?

We ended up going to a seafood place, called McGraths. It's a little like Red Lobster, but way tastier. Anyways, since I am still on mushies, I ordered a side of cottage cheese and had 1/4 of a mashed red potato from a friends plate.

So, the waiter brings my cottage cheese, it's about 2 cups of cottage cheese! Whoa!

I ate about 1/3 of a cup of the cottage cheese and the mashed potato and that was about it. It turned out to be a pretty successful trip out to eat!

I am looking forward to my 4 week follow up appt with my surgeon on Tues and maybe I will get a fill....we'll see!



5 comments:

  1. Good job!! I have pretty much stuck to soups when eating out, especially when eating with peeps that don't know about the gizmo. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did fabulous! Appropriate amount and high protein. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff! You did really well - you will - no doubt like me lol have to start ordering from the entree section. I still look at it and go.. no way.. that won't be enough.. but it always is :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did excellent. A seafood restaurant is a very good choice for that stage you are in right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wondering how I was going to handle my first time out as well. Interesting to read what others have been able to eat. Especially since my time is coming close!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...