Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

3 weeks post op

I am officially 3 weeks post op today. I'm just wondering when the infamous "bandster hell" is supposed to begin? I am definitely not hungry....ever.

For those of you who don't know what "bandster hell" is = once you are healed from surgery and don't have much restriction (before your first and sometimes second fill) and can pretty much eat everything in sight. This is when one's will power is especially tested a lot for most bandsters.

I have my first fill scheduled for one week from today on the 17th...I wonder if I will need it. I'll have to see how things go over the next week....

Other than that, I am feeling great and taking it one day at a time.

4 comments:

  1. Well I can tell you that I am smack dab in the middle of bandster hell and I am almost 4 weeks post op. I have until 11/30 until I get my first fill so I can't wait for this to be over!! I am hungry and can eat whatever I want (I haven't tested that totally, too scared) Hopefully you won't experience this, I know that not everyone does, glad you get your fill after 4 weeks instead of 6, that will help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't go through bandster hell and also had my fill four weeks out. You may feel differently about the fill in a week. I remember not being hungry the first 3 1/2 weeks and then those last two days it definitely ramping up. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's cool to have someone with the same surgery date! My band was put in with 3 cc's so I am not too sure if I will experience Bandster Hell. I am hungry sometimes, but not that often. I go in for meal advancement (regular foods) next Wednesday, so we shall see what they say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was about now where you are that I experienced bandster hell, so it's great you're still not that hungry. Maybe you will last right through until your first fill - now that would be fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete