Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Monday, July 21, 2014

Have You Seen My Disguise?

Yep.

You have.

I've been wearing my "skinny girl" disguise for almost 4 years now.

Here's a pic from last summer.  It's the same disguise that I still wear today.

There are people in my life (friends, coworkers, etc) who never knew me as the Fatty.

My fatty days: when I weighed 258+ lbs.

I was a fatty for my entire adult life up until I was 31 years old.

Especially since I moved to California over a year ago, I have been wearing my disguise of the skinny girl quite easily.

And today...

It happened.

I was reminded of how much people really do see me in my disguise.

I forget about my disguise.

I'm still a fatty in my brain.

"You're so lucky. You don't have to watch your weight. You're naturally thin."

Those exact words were said to me as I walked into the ladies bathroom at work today.

Two coworkers were standing at the sinks, talking about their dieting and exercise. Right as I had walked into the room.

Perfect timing.

I smiled.

A compliment indeed.

And of course, I had to set the record straight.

I said, "Thank you, but that's not true, I used to weigh 258 lbs. I count calories, exercise almost every day, and I have a Lap-Band. It's A LOT of work, but totally worth it."

1 comment:

  1. You have the most amazing hair to me! Cleavage not bad either. :)

    ReplyDelete