Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Is 'Overachiever' One Word or Two?

While cruising around among my old blog posts from 2009, I came across this post

Go read it.

You know that you want to.

In that post, I talk about what went down at my very first Lap-Band adjustment (fill) appointment.

And guess what?

I now realize over two and a half years later that my biggest take away from that appointment with the-best-nurse-practitioner-ever WAS NOT actually the Lap-Band adjustment itself.

Gasp!

I know, I know..

It's all about gettin' our fills. Right?

Wrong.

At least for me.

My biggest lesson and takeaway was this: a prescription for exercise. This was the kick in the booty that I needed to get going on the exercise bandwagon:
Yep. Exercise.

Don't you roll your eyes at me. I'm feelin' those eyes all the way over here in Podunk middle-of-nowhere-Oregon.

Before this appointment, I honestly thought that I could be successful with weight loss and maintain said weight loss with no exercise.

Boy was I wrong.

For about two years now, I've been gettin' about 60 minutes of exercise 5 days a week.

And I'm not the only one who's rockin' the exercise.  Check out these plans on today's Workout Wednesday post on Facebook.

Well done ladies!

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you, fills are well and good... but not a substitute for hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did 2 exercise classes today. Back to back! Body conditioning and pilates. Can I have a sticker or a certificate or a cookie or something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. AGREED!!! I lost a ton of weight before my fills just because of EXERCISE! That's what makes us successful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the exercise. I am hitting harder than ever this time and I am really feeling the results. I love the script! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, well done. :)

    ReplyDelete