Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's Worth It.

I have noticed that the phrase "it's worth it" has escaped my lips a few times this week.  Both times it was after people ask me what I've been eating lately or what exercise I've been doing.  I tell them and then I say "it's worth it"

What do I mean by "it's worth it"?

EVERY damn day, I:

  • Make time for Zumba or Jazzercise class or some kind of exercise.
  • Measure/weigh my food intake.
  • Writing down the food intake.

I never really used to understand that phrase "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."

I used to roll my eyes when people would say that.

I always wondered if the person who first said that phrase had never enjoyed a Double-Double Burger at In-N-Out Burger or understood the joy that is eating an entire box of Samoas Girl Scout Cookies in one sitting.  Didn't they understand that those foods taste REALLY good?!

Well, lately I am noticing that being able to fit into clothes that I NEVER thought I would fit into is worth it and perhaps there is some truth to that phrase.  Feeling "thin" (which I know can be achieved at any size with a good dose of confidence) is still a novelty to me.

As you may remember, I went into my weightloss journey with health goals in mind, not being able to fit into certain size clothes.  This is just a bonus to the whole process, I guess.

But if you say "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels" to me,  I am still going to roll my eyes at you. :)

Here's my latest clearance find (Size 6) at TJMaxx for $20....proof that IT IS WORTH IT.  Keep on fighting the good fight!

15 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for encouraging new banded babes out there like me. Just looking at your pictures are so inspiring! And, oh yeah, In-N-Out? So, so good but I can only get when I go back home to Las Vegas. Bet I wouldn't be able to finish a whole burger anymore though. Score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I miss in and out...but your right. It IS WORTH IT...besides I can just have my family buy one and smell it in the car. Almost as good an experience.

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always hated that phrase too. Ugh! Would you believe I've never tasted an In-N-Out burger? I guess I should be glad I don't know what I'm missing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome dress! That just makes it worth it :) Good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is worth it!!! You look great and I can't wait to get there too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can't wait to taste thin! you look amazing, btw...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My score for you...TEN! You look great and I'm betting you feel great too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great...proof that it is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! You look maaaaahvelous, darlin! :) And like you, it is totally worth it. I never thought in a million years I would crave workouts, feel lost w/o a food journal, and buck up and not eat, if I didn't bring it prepared. Yay for these awesome life changes we've made!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto!! It is all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lookin good! Size 6 is my dream goal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1 word for you...AMAZING! You look fantastic and I am sure you are so proud of yourself! I don't know you but I am super proud of you!!! You are such an inspiration and I always look forward to reading your blog! I just dropped another size and I know its definitely not my lowest yet but it feels SO good to be in smaller clothes!! CONGRATS on looking fabulous! Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so great!! You know every time I start to read your blog I see the saying you have on the top " If hunger isn't the problem, then eating isn't the solution " I love this and it is so right. I need to post it on my blog too and on my wallpaper of my computer because it is something I need to remember every day.

    ReplyDelete