Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Nowadays...

I came across a great thread on the ObesityHelp.com message boards today. Bandsters were sharing how their lives are different "nowadays".

Here's my "Nowadays" list:
  • I eat off of very small plates.
  • I go in the pool without a big cover up.
  • I can meet old friends without being embarrassed by my weight.
  • I feel more healthy and am no longer winded when I get up and move.
  • I don't mind climbing the stairs at work
  • I don't feel like I am dieting just because I am eating less
  • I'm looking forward to summer
  • I can sit with my legs crossed
  • Sleep quality at night is better than ever...and no more naps during the day.
  • I walk towards the scale, not away from it.
  • I enjoy shopping for clothes, I don't dread it.
  • I walk past the candy dish at work.
  • I stay hydrated with actual WATER.
  • I park in the furthest parking space instead of driving around 5 times looking for the closest spot.
  • I do not dread formal events, but can't wait to dress up
  • Sitting too long is literally painful
  • I shop in the regular sized clothes section
What's on your "Nowadays" List?

8 comments:

  1. I can pass the Bakery section in the grocery store & not drool! I have no desire for that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so looking forward to it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't wait either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can already notice a big improvment in my sleep quality. but thats about it for now. looking forward to having a longer list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am like this too in so many ways. Isn't it just the best!!! Congrats - this is a whole bunch of wonderful wins since getting the band.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still at the beginning and not exactly setting weight-loss records. But I'm heartened by your experience and looking forward to claiming some of those changes for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to cross my legs and hope when I lose I'll quit snoring!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey you are doing great! (I just realized I don't know your name?! but I've been following your blog for a month or two.) Love your latest progress photo, what a difference!

    Also this is a neat idea with the Nowadays list. I'm in the camp of "can't wait till I can make this list myself" and hopefully that's soon!

    Also I added a link to your blog from my page... I'm compiling some inspiring lap banders to follow.

    ReplyDelete