Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ever wondered what your band looks like inside you?

I went in for the unfill today and we checked out the band under flouro, including a barium swallow test.

I was relieved to learn that the band is exactly where it is supposed to be (no slips/etc). Here's a pic...you can even see my bra clasps...LOL. The Barium is the dark stuff.
I also got 2 whole ccs taken out, so now I am at 2.8ccs in my 10cc band. That is less than I had on the day of surgery (4ccs)...crazy thought indeed! We will see how I do...I can definitely eat more tonight than last night....and not a mushie either! yay. So why the unfill issues? We are thinking perhaps seasonal allergies, so I started on Claratin today to see if that works...

Here are some fun/cheesy pics we took today at my appt (me and the NP):

13 comments:

  1. Cool picture. How long before you can get more of a fill? What caused you having to get an unfill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so good! I hope you're able to resolve these problems and get back to where you want to be with your band. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to read that your NP thinks it is seasonal allergies. I am having such an issue right now with tightness and I was thinking it was allergies. I am taking Zyrtec but think I will pick up some Claritin in the am to see if it will help. Until this passes I am gonna try and take it easy with the eating. I hope you feel better after your unfill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing this. It is sooooo interesting to see!
    I'm confused about how allergies could play havoc with the band? I hope your unfill works well for you, I had to get one yesterday as well. Only a half of a cc though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so cool! thank you for posting that picture! it really puts a "face" on our insides! for me it really reinforces just how much i should be eating :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, makes it seem more real when you can actually see it!! Hope the unfill helps along with the Allergy meds so you can get the restriction back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! pretty cool to see (sorry for these reasons) Hope you get some relief with the meds.
    On the bright side, it is good to know our Dr./NP are pretty aggressive with fills when we go to get them and believe our instincts on where we think we should be!

    It is funny because I took pictures yesterday while our Doc was pulling veins out. I told him it was for the blogs...they prolly think we are nuts!

    Feel better xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the post and the picture. You look so beautiful...your skin is amazing!!! Hope this workes for you now and isn't it amazing how small your opening was??? tiny...just like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg, that is SUPER COOL!! I hope the un-fill helps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sooo glad to here the great news!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's cool & you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do look fabulous! I have heard that allergies really make all of your mucous membranes swell and that it can really make you tight. I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete