Weigh-Ins are on MONDAYS - Updated July 3, 2017

Surgery Date: October 20, 2009:

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

How To Gain 9 Pounds in 9 Days With the Lap-Band

It's been a hot minute since I last posted.

Thank you all for your emails checking in with me asking where I've been.

So where have I been?

What has happened since my last post?

I went on a fantabulous Caribbean CRUISE with fellow bandster Stephanie.

Lucky me!

There was sun.

There was fun.

There were fancy dress up nights.

There was wine.

There were bikinis.

There were mojitos.

There were many, many trips through the buffet line.

Yum.

It was also pretty much a giggle-fest of ridiculousness.

We.

Had.

The.

Best.

Time!

In the tradition of always keepin' it real here on my blog, let's review the recent weigh-ins:

Day before cruise: Friday November 8: 140.0 lbs

Day after cruise: Sunday November 17: 149.2 lbs

Seriously.

That's a 9 pound gain.

As I completely expected.

My Lap-Band does not make my food choices for me.

I make each and every one of my food choices.

Chocolate filled croissants for breakfast? Yep!

Waffles with buckets of butter and syrup? Absolutely.

Fettuccine Alfredo? Hell yeah.

47 peanut butter cookies? It happened.

This list could go on and on.

But I'll stop there.

And show you some gratuitous cruise pics of yours truly and the lovely Stephanie! Isn't she super adorable?
Stephanie showed me her favorite exercise 
before we began our cruise: KANGOO!

The first of many, many cocktails we enjoyed on the cruise!


 We worked out almost every day on the cruise!
Here we are in the gym on the ship:

Fancy schmancy!


 Beauties on the beach!
Bahamas

Curacao

Is it too soon to plan our next girls' getaway? I think not.

Stay tuned for Friday's weigh-in to see how many pounds I've lost!

10 comments:

  1. I love it!!!! And yes, I'm in a post-cruise funk and ready to start planning the next trip. Perhaps we should go camping. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah right. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just made me LOL. :) "Fancy" misses you. I miss Lancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt you put on nine pounds of fat. One pound of fat a day seems excessive especially since you worked out daily. A good portion of that would be water. For every gram of glycogen stored in your muscles/liver etc. three grams of water are stored. Processed carbs turn to sugar quickly and then to glycogen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the tutorial on how to gain 9 pounds! I will have to try that out......;-)....I could use a girlfriend cruise and drinks and yummy foods and fun in the sun right about now!!! I find it almost unbelievable that I would put up with weight gain if I could do that! My how things have changed!!!!
    As always, you look fab (so does Stephanie). So happy to hear you had a great time!
    Welcome back!
    Onward!
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking terrific and sounds like so much fun-- I know you'll be right back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You both look fantastic and looks like an amazing time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks For share it. i like it
    The lap band surgery can help curb some of the health issues associated with obesity like diabetes, obesity hyperventilation syndrome, degenerative joint disease, hypertension, sleep apnea, gastro-esophageal reflux, venous stasis, urinary incontinence, polycystic ovarian disease etc.

    ReplyDelete